I love the fall, the cooler weather, the changing color of the leaves, and the up coming of the holidays. And its the time for warm comfort foods, so for today's Sunday Supper, I'm fixing my son and I.
LENTIL SOUP and CORN BREAD
1. In a large stock pot add 1 bag of washed and drained lentils
2. add 4 or more peeled and sliced carrots and celery if you like
3. add 1 cup diced onion and 2 cups of diced ham
4. add 2 quarts of water and salt and pepper
5. cover and cook for 45 mins. or until tender.
Homemade Corn Bread
1. 1 cup corn meal
2. 1 cup flour
3. 1/4 cup sugar
4. 1 tablespoon baking powder
5. 1 teaspoon salt
6. 1/3 cup oil
7. 1 egg
8. 1 cup milk
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, stir until blended, pour into well greased 8 inch square pan, bake at 400 for 25 mins. And enjoy, we love lentil soup and corn bread, hope you will like it too. Have a blessed week.