Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Money Saving Tip #2

I pray everyone is having a blessed week so far.:) As a single mom I'm always looking for ways to save money, especially on food. I do use coupons all the time, because every little bit helps.When we go shopping, I buy regular sized packages, because its just my son and I, but what I do is, on a pound of meat, such as ground turkey, I cut the meat in half and make two meals out of 1 package. And the reason for doing this is, I don't know about you, but I know that over the years we have ended up throwing so much food away, so this way there is just enough for our meal that day, and we don't waist any food. Also, like if bread is on sale, I buy extra and freeze it and yes, I have even froze milk, 1 of our stores here always has milk on sale cheap, so I will buy a couple extra gallons, I open them up and take about 2 to 3 cups out, because it will explode other wise. And when we are out of milk, I'll take out a frozen gallon, put it in the sink to thaw, when thawed, shake up and it still taste great. I hope these ideas help you also.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment