Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday meal

Its been a beautiful day here in Arizona and I am thankful to the Lord for that. I really enjoy cooking and Im blessed that I learned at a very young age. One meal that I cook alot is "Hearty Vegetable Barley Soup"
and heres the recipe:
1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
5 cups water
1 14 1/2 oz.can whole tomatoes,undrianed, cut into pieces
3/4 cup Quaker quick barley
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup sliced carrots
2 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1 bay leaf
1 9 oz.bag of frozen mixed vegetables
In a large,deep sauce pan or dutch oven, brown the meat. Add onion and garlic,cook until onion is tender.Stir in remaining ingredients, except the frozen veggies. Cover the pan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, simmer 10 mins. Add frozen vegetables, cook for another 10 mins. or until vegetables are tender.

This is such a good, hearty soup, my son and I both love it:) I always make corn bread with this too. Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment