Friday, May 13, 2011

Stuffed Bell Peppers

During the hot days of summer I love to cook light and eat more of those yummy veggies, and amazingly my son loves veggies too, so for today's dinner I'm cooking
                                                   Stuffed Bell Peppers
  1. 2 bell peppers ( any color red, green, yellow, and depending on how many you are feeding, just add more peppers
  2. 1 lb. ground meat, I use ground turkey
  3. 2 cups cooked brown rice
  4. 1 small can tomato sauce
  5. Wash and cut the peppers in half, take out seeds, put the peppers in a large pan cover with water, cook on stove till tender, cook meat, cook the rice as directed, when the meat and rice are done mix together add the tomato sauce, when the peppers are tender, drain and fill with the meat and rice mixture, some people put cheese on them and bake them, but since I'm watching my weight, I did not add cheese or bake them. These are really good and good for you I hope you enjoy them too.
                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment